Thursday, January 26, 2023

week 2 - chateau ste michelle riesling harvest

Name: Chateau Ste Michelle Riesling Harvest 

Variety of Grapes: Riesling Grape

Region/Country Of Origin: Washington

Price: $8.99

Vintage Year: 2021

Shop: https://www.totalwine.com/wine/white-wine/riesling/chateau-ste-michelle-riesling-harvest/p/109676750

Shop Review: Washington- Loaded with fresh Jonathan apple-flavored fruit, the sweetness is nicely balanced by the fresh, natural acids. Highlights of cinnamon and caramel add further pleasure to a wine with wide appeal.

Wine Folly's Notes: An aromatic white variety that can produce white wines ranging in style from bone-dry to very sweet. Germany is the world’s most important producer of Riesling. 

Off-dry Riesling wines make a great pairing to spicy

Indian and Asian cuisines and do excellently alongside duck, pork, bacon, shrimp, and crab

It has notes of lime, green apple, beeswax, jasmine, petroleum. 

My Personal Review: It has an apple and grape flavor when initially smelling it. It is a sweet wine with a strong apple note. It also has a sour flavor that I think is reminiscent of limes, but I think that might be a stretch. It is more sweet than dry. We did not decant this like the other red wines we tried since that was Wine Folly's recommendation, but as I was writing this and sipping the wine over time, the smell and taste definitely got better. I really like this one, and I'm super glad I got to try it. 

I paired this with a sandwich that had a really spicy sauce (mango habanero) and it was really good! I would definitely try this with indian food in the future like how wine folly suggested.

No comments:

Post a Comment